Please find below our full terms and conditions. By completing and signing the registration form to enrol your child with the dance school, you are hereby agreeing to the terms and conditions detailed below.
Any child currently enrolled with the school who has not signed our new registration form is also bound to these terms and conditions by their continuing to attend classes. As a matter of courtesy please advise if your child takes additional dance classes. TTBC is not liable for any injury related to dance if classes are taken elsewhere.
- a) Invoices for timetabled classes are usually emailed at the end of each course for the following course.
- b) Payments can be made online.
- c) We reserve the right to suspend your child’s classes and withhold examination results until any overdue payments have been received.
- a) Mini Ballet – Ballet uniform is not compulsory however, appropriate clothing suitable for dance must be worn.
- b) IDTA Ballet uniform must be worn in examinations for your child
- a) A sibling discount will be applied to all younger siblings.
4) CREDIT NOTES
- a) Credit notes are issued to cover circumstances such as cancelled classes or long-term absence through injury or illness. All credit notes are deducted from the following term’s bill; one term’s notice for cessation of classes is essential if you are to receive the credit. If no notice or late notice is received then any credit will be lost.
- b) Fees are not waived in respect of family holidays, school trips, school exams or short-term sickness or injury.
- c) Instances of long term sickness or injury will be assessed on an individual basis.
- a) Invoices for examinations are distributed when the occasion arises.
- b) All examination invoices must be settled within 14 days of the invoice date as entry fees will already have been paid by TTBC on the Parent/ Guardian’s behalf.
- c) Invoices unsettled after 28 days will be re-issued with a 5% surcharge added to them.
- d) All examination fees must be paid before the date of the examination.
6) EXAM PRACTICE
- a) Invoices for extra exam training classes are distributed on an ad hoc basis. All exam practice invoices must be settled within 14 days of the invoice date.
- b) Invoices unsettled after 28 days will be re-issued with a 5% surcharge added to them.
7) TERMINATION OF CLASSES
- a) If a pupil wishes to give up a class, TTBC must receive written notice 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the term for which notice is being given.
- b) Absence of notice or late notice for exceptional circumstances will be addressed on an individual basis.
- c) In the event of a pupil leaving TTBC with fees still outstanding, TTBC reserve the right to pursue recovery of the debt by all legal means including court action.
8) CANCELLATION OF CLASSES
- a) Occasionally it is necessary to temporarily change the venue of a class, or postpone it to a later date. Where this occurs TTBC will try to notify parents either by the hall notice board, Facebook page, text, phone or word of mouth.
- b) We reserve the right to cancel any classes any time up to and including the date the class starts. Should this occur we would endeavour to give you as much notice as possible via the Facebook page, text or phone/word of mouth and a credit note will be raised.
- a) All teachers are qualified, DBS checked and insured. However, due to the nature of teaching performing arts, sometimes it is necessary to correct positions physically. This is always conducted with care and professionalism.
- b) The safeguarding of children is of paramount importance. On school trips and at school events, if parents are not present, then TTBC staff will be the responsible adults. At school shows professional external licenced chaperones may be employed and, jointly with TTBC staff, will take responsibility for the welfare of the children. No child will be allowed to leave any premises unless a parent is there to collect them UNLESS the principal has been informed that alternative arrangements are in place, ie a child can walk home alone. If any parent has a concern regarding safeguarding then please inform the principal immediately so that it can be rectified.
- c) Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be announced on the Facebook page and website.
10) TTBC LIABILITIES
- a) TTBC do not accept responsibility for loss, damage or injury arising from errors or omissions on the registration form whether completed by you or the person in charge of your child at the time of enrolment.
- b) TTBC do not accept liability for personal injury to any child attending class, with the exception of such injury being caused by negligence or default of any member of our staff or any other default on our part.
- c) TTBC do not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
- d) TTBC do not accept responsibility for any loss or expense due to circumstances beyond our control.
- e) TTBC is only responsible for pupils while they are in their class. Children cannot be supervised whilst they are outside class. Young children must be collected promptly at the end of their class.
- f) TTBC holds Public Liability Insurance.
11) RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARENT OR GUARDIAN
- a) These terms and conditions, and any enrolment forms you have signed, constitute an agreement between you and us in connection to classes or any services superseding any prior agreement.
- b) Attendance at class is deemed to be acceptance of the current Terms and Conditions.
- c) It is the responsibility of the Parent or Guardian to notify TTBC of any illness or injury that may affect the child’s participation at class.
- d) It is the responsibility of the Parent or Guardian to ensure that we have the correct details for you and your child and keeps us updated of any changes to health.
- e) It is the responsibility of the Parent or Guardian to regularly read the website/facebook information and/or the notice boards at our venues in order to be fully aware of all upcoming events.
- f) In the event that we consider you to be in breech of these terms & conditions or that your child is disruptive to other pupils or staff, teachers or venue staff, we reserve the right to exclude your child from any activity within the school.
- g) Photographs and video footage of pupils taken by TTBC may be used on our website/facebook page and for publicity purposes. If you do not wish your child’s image to be used for these purposes you must inform us in writing.
- h) In our ballet classes we will use props such as maracas, wands, scarfs etc. These props help to put your child at ease and express through characterisation. Parents should encourage their child to take/give back the props during the class and always observe them. TTBC will not be held responsible for any injury or ingestion of props.